Milan Men’s Fashion Week showcases comfort fabrics, bright colours and winter shorts in all their glory. Covid-19 has kept the collections for autumn-winter behind closed doors this year.
Must Read: bering watches
Designers couldn’t help but notice the new norm of interaction at a distance, with the Italian fashion capital under lockdown again and its luxury shops closed.
One model lifted Ermenegildo Zgna’s telephone receiver, while Silvia Fendi introduced herself by saying “Hello, it is Silvia calling” during a voiceover for her catwalk show.
Tod’s left a message on the answerphone from Lorenzo Zurzolo, an Italian actor who recounted a week in solitary confinement in a villa. You could see that comfortable, cosy indoor-wear was making a mark on outdoor fashions. Raf Simons and Miuccia Prada both layered up their looks with long-johns.
Most Popular: tommy hilfiger watches for men
- Fendi offers swaddling, belted jackets that look like dressing gowns over warm pants. All in soft, breathable materials.
- Zegna also featured shawl collars and enveloping dress-gown styles. K-Way, a windbreaker brand, blurred the lines between indoor-outdoor wear. Shorts with gloves
- Fendi offers colourful shorts with a quilted design and K-way is focusing on its yellow, orange, and zip zip. Fashion houses hope men will show more leg next winter.
- Designers disguised themselves to protect the cold below the belt by imagining it doing its worst.
- MGSM paired its bermudas and ski gloves with ETRO, while ETRO topped them off with a more suitable jacket for the slopes.
- Fendi, K-Way, and Prada all showcased reversible coats in an effort to adapt to an age when anything could happen.
Never Miss: tommy hilfiger watches for women
Light and colours
Next winter is all about bright colours. Etro has put sunny, golden shades on the forefront, while Prada has gone for jackets that are full of fuchsia and red, violet, and short coats in pink or ice blue.
Men’s Fashion Week saw models dancing as designers sought to free bodies that were long disabled from showing their legs.
Also Read: wearing shapewear
The clothes were designed to be worn together, and allow for movement.
Prada’s soft knits weren’t a barrier to dancing, and Tod’s wore an oversize coat on a model who was just starting to dance. (AFP)